Monday, May 12, 2008

It's All Relative

Today I met with my mentor, Pete, who is a lawyer from another firm in town. We got to talking about getting older. He is, I would guess, about 60. He's winding down his law practice and looking forward to retiring. I told him of my fear of turning 37, and he laughed at me. He actually laughed loudly at me. Then he told me that age is relative. To him, I am a spring chicken. A youngster with a whole life ahead of me. Yet, he recalled being a teenager and thinking that he could never date someone who was 28, as that was so old to him at the time.

All this advice- but guess what. I still don't want to turn 37. Only 15 days to go. Drat.

2 comments:

nate and marne said...

you are hilarious. i agree with the assessment though, i will be 27, which in my opinion is getting really old! i bet you appreciate that, huh? i hope you feel better soon.

indra soebagjo said...

I will be 47 this 911. I dont remember being 17 27 or 37 because I live the moment, here and now. It doesn't matter about getting older, our concern should be how we live our life.....
Cheers,
Indra Soebagjo
Jakarta, Indonesia