Monday, May 19, 2008

I Tried It Out

Today someone asked me how old I was and I said "37" to see how it would feel. They didn't look at me like I was really old, or ask if they could assist me to my car since I looked so frail, or look around for a chair for me to sit in, so I guess it will be okay to tell people that I'm 37 for the next year, too. The closer it gets, the easier it's getting. I have this theory about songs that are "your" songs with someone you used to date, and how to get over feeling like crap every time the song comes on in the future. You listen to it a lot, over and over and over again, until you're immune to it. The first time you hear it you cry, the second time, you tear up, the seventeenth, you're just sort of sick of it. (Am I the only 37 year old with breakup advice? I sure hope not). Anyway, this relates to the birthday thing because I'll just say it every morning for the next 8 days..."I'm 37, I'm 37," and soon it won't phase me at all, right?!

1 comment:

nate and marne said...

you are hilarious. i think it's funny that you are so worried about turning 37. you are still a young lady in a lot of people's books. we love you, and are excited to see you soon!!