Friday, September 25, 2009

On My Need To Explore




Look closely at this picture, and you will see L'Tour Eiffel in the background (that's about the extent of my psuedo-French. Ash had to translate for me while in Paris, except for crepe ordering, which I was able to master. Oh, a crepe with sacre et buerre sounds LOVELY right now. As a side note, it is hard to be a non-French speaking vegetarian in Paris. I ended up with a fair amount of fromage). The other picture is in Scotland (boy was it cold that day). I love exploring and wandering, even though I get lost and cannot find my way back to my hotel. Walking around and exploring new places is one of my favorite things to do.


My brother and my sisters also have the need to travel and explore. I assume that this stems from the fact that we moved back and forth from Virginia to Arizona every year as kids? Who knows. All I know is, I feel odd when I do not have a suitcase partially packed. It is part of my inside nature. I think thati s why I am able to live far from home but still see my family regularly- getting on a plane, even on short notice, is second nature to me and I have a system down pat- right down to the airport parking areas which make it easiest to go to and fro.


I was in Salt Lake City last weekend. San Francisco not long ago. I feel like I traveled all summer, but at the end of the day I really just went to Chicago about 18,000 times for various reasons. I was in New Orleans in May. Hmmm. Do I need an overseas trip now? What will be next?

No comments: