Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Big Three-Eight


I started this blog to document my (odd) fear of turning 37. In less than a month, I will be 38. Did being 37 suck? Sometimes. Not a lot. I've had worse years, to tell the truth. Don't tell me that all of my angst was for nothing!

With thist post, I uploaded a picture of a bulletin board in my bedroom. It's getting crowded. It documents some of my best days/nights in my 37 years. I've added to it since this picture was taken, but looking at these photos every day reminds me of the fact that I have a wonderful life, full of good friends, close family, and happy memories. Now, I need to get out there and make more! Thank goodness I will not be 37 when I make them, cause really...I cannot wait to turn 38 and be done with being 37!!!! There really is something about the "7"s that freaks me out.....

2 comments:

nate and marne said...

you are so funny, i think i will be more freaked to be 30, than a random 37. or 40 even sounds scary, but 37? i love it. sounds like you had fun on your jazzfest trip, and i hope the ants don't carry you away!! :)

Sue said...

I'll be 40 in about 1.5 weeks. Strangely enough there is nothing I find scary about it. I say strangely enough because I remember my brother turning 40 (he's 10 years older than me) and thinking how old he was, and how I didn't ever want to be *that* old. But now that it's my turn, it feels fine. I feel like I know myself better and have a better perspective on things than I did when I was in my 20s or even early 30s.